- Prominent credit listing on the inner sleeve of the record packaging and the Sam First Records website
- A private concert with the Justin Kauflin Trio, in person at Sam First, or at another acceptable location, for you and up to 40 of your friends
- An autographed, one-of-a-kind test pressing of the album
- The exclusive "Justin Kauflin Narrated Listening Guide"- a video where Kauflin plays examples from a carefully curated selection of tunes and explains what it is about these particular tracks that have inspired his music
- One-on-one private lesson with Justin Kauflin, in person or online
About this project
At 36 years young, Justin Kauflin has already produced eight albums as a leader, has appeared on at least 25 additional albums as sideman or guest artist and has recorded 48 original compositions for albums and film. It’s no surprise that Justin is both a Quincy Jones Artist and Yamaha artist.
While a student at William Paterson University in New Jersey, Justin not only had the great fortune of studying with piano icons Mulgrew Miller and Harold Mabern, but was also taken under the wings of legendary trumpeter, Clark Terry, who subsequently asked Justin to join his band. Justin's relationship with Mr. Terry was chronicled for five years to create the award-winning film, Keep On Keepin' On, a documentary that even made the Oscar's Short List.
Clark Terry is also responsible for having introduced Justin to one of his first students, legendary producer and music icon, Quincy Jones, who quickly signed Justin for management with the Quincy Jones Agency and has since been an integral figure in Justin’s musical journey.
"Something that I’ve really grown to cherish about music is its ability to heal and its ability to help us transition in difficult times. After losing my sight by the age of 11, I noticed that the power of the music to transport me was incredible.
Fast-forward to this last year... we’re just not sure what to make of everything going on around us. And again, I’ve found that music is… the best! It really is. There’s just no replacement for it. There’s no comparing what music and sharing music can do."
Sam First and Justin Kauflin thank all supporters of the Justin Kauflin Live Recording Experience:
Vinyl Initiator Participant: Anonymous
Gold Level “Bespoke” Participants: Barbara McCarthy, Joseph Morra, Richard Fudge
Silver Level “Tailor-Made” Participants: Peter and Aileen Ashley, Peter DeMarco, Richard Fudge, Phyllis Kauflin, Barbara McCarthy, Valerie Morhaime, Jody Simon
Bronze Level: Needle and Thread Participants: Honey Beuf, John Clayton, Robin Craft, Anne Dondero, Rhonda Greenstein, Zach Harmon, Véronique Huttman, Phyllis Kauflin, Richard and Dorothy McKinney, David Mulrooney, Rose Musico, Kenneth Nussen, Jean Robaire, Daniel Rotem, Jody Simon, Maura Strickler, Barry Sultanoff, Stacy Wasserman
THIS PROJECT WAS COMPLETED Dec 03 2022